- approximately one to three hours for the actual session, either at your home or mine
- 20-30 fully edited, high resolution digital images either on disc or via downloadable online gallery
- License agreement that allows you to print at any size, share online and with friends and family
- Session fee is due at time pictures are taken
- Cash is preferred, personal checks and paypal also accepted
What Will Our Session Be Like?
I prefer to do newborn sessions in the first ten days of life. This is when babies still tend to want to sleep a lot and are less wakeful and easy to curl up. It’s with this in mind that it is really important that you notify me within a day or two that baby has arrived, so we can plan a day for your session. Ideally, we’ll do the newborn session in your home in the room with the most natural light. I like to do a mix of sleeping baby pictures and lifestyle pictures (where baby is snuggled with Mom and Dad and/or siblings). About 30 minutes before your session begins, I ask that you make baby naked down to a loose diaper, wrap them up warmly in blankets and feed as needed. Crank the heat up in the house to keep it nice and warm (I will be bringing a space heater as well) and open up all the blinds/curtains in the sunniest room. When I arrive, I’ll pick out the best place and we’ll get started! I like to keep newborn shoots simple, I bring various blankets and wraps and a few headbands and hats. I highly recommend shopping on Etsy if you want specific props, let me know if you need suggestions!
Related Special Packages:
With the purchase of a newborn session, a FIRST BIRTHDAY session (family shoot) can be booked within one month in either direction of baby’s birthday for $300
MATERNITY & NEWBORN
With the purchase of a newborn session, $300 for a maternity session